- About us
- Investment Portfolio
- Investor Centre
- Corporate Overview
- Company Charter
- Corporate Governance
- Principle 1: Lay solid foundations for management and oversight
- Principle 2: Structure the board to add value
- Principle 3: Act ethically and responsibly
- Principle 4: Safeguard integrity in corporate reporting
- Principle 5: Make timely and balanced disclosure
- Principle 6: Respect the rights of security holders
- Principle 7: Recognise and manage risk
- Principle 8: Remunerate fairly and responsibly
- Share Registry
- Media & Updates
- Contact us
The latest news and developments on Charter Pacific’s investment projects.
In country Manager appointed in Mauritania
15 April, 2013
It’s with great pleasure that we can announce the appointment of Abdel Kader Ould Saleh Ould Bohey as Director (Country) Mauritania.
Kader is a geological engineer with over 40 years experience in Mauritania. He was heavily involved in the development of the Mauritanian Ministry of Oil, Energy and Mines, and was Director of the Mines and Geology for more than a decade.
The Board of Charter Pacific welcome the appointment of Kader and we are confident that his vast experience in the mining and geological field and his high rank in the Mauritanian mining community, which will be an integral part of our strategy, and an indispensable asset in the success of our investments in Mauritania.
?- Link to official press statement.
Mauritania Iron Ore project update
5 April, 2013
We’re pleased to report that the first phase of the drilling and trenching program is ahead of schedule and budget this month.
This means we’ve been able to expand the program to include 5 new sites.
In a couple of weeks we’ll have the trench mapping and magnetic susceptibility readings in our hands and the drilling program will commence. Stay tuned for more updates early May.
– Link to official press statement.
RC Drilling and Trenching program commences at Charter Pacifics Mauritania Iron Ore Permit 792
20 March, 2013
We can announce that SEMS Exploration (SEMS) has commenced the RC drilling and trenching program at the iron ore Kaoua El Khadra Permit (Permit 792) in Mauritania.
The program will consist of 1,000 meters of trenching and 2,000 metres of RC drilling over six target areas on Permit 792 and is expected to take 6 weeks to complete.
The RC drilling program will define down-hole thickness and grade of BIF, which will establish parameters for next phase of diamond drilling and metallurgical sampling.
– See the press release including Managing Director Kevin Dart’s comments here.
– Link to project page
High Grade BIF Rock Chip Sample Results for Charter Pacific’s Mauritanian Iron Ore Project
29 November, 2012
– DTR tests show concentrate grade up to 70.43% Fe and mass recoveries of up to 56.1%
– High grade Banded Iron Formation (BIF) sampled above 40% Fe
– Field inspection and sampling confirms earlier exploration results and confidence in the exploration target of 4.4Bt***
– A number of direct drill targets have been identified along with suitable trenching targets
– To date mapping, ground magnetics and surface sampling has identified extensive magnetite BIF which has characteristics typical of magnetite iron ore deposits with potential to produce high grade Fe, low impurity, concentrates.
The latest results of Davis Tube Recovery (DTR) Tests on surface rock chip samples collected during September and October from the Kaoua El Khadra Iron Ore project (Permit 792) in the West African nation of Mauritania have been very positive.
Especially pleasing are the samples that returned concentrate recoveries above 50% and a high proportion producing concentrate recoveries above 30%.
This gives the Board of Charter Pacific further confidence that a marketable concentrate could potentially be produced from the Kaoua El Khadra Iron Ore project which is in line with our announcement dated 10 September 2012 upgrading the exploration target** for the magnetite-bearing BIF to the range of 2.6Bt to 4.4Bt at 18% Fe to 39% Fe.
– Link to official press statement.